Quick, Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Thrive All Day
Whether or not breakfast really is the most important meal of the day remains up for debate. Some of us – and particularly those who begin their day with a workout – can’t live without it, others claim to get an upset stomach from it, and still others simply don’t feel hungry. Nevertheless, breakfast time is the first opportunity you have to fuel your body and prepare it for the demands ahead. A growling stomach can put a real damper on your morning.
One of the biggest obstacles to breakfast is, unsurprisingly, lack of time, which leads some of us to head to the nearest drive-though. While that’s better than nothing, it’s probably not much better.
The reality is that you can fuel your body with a healthy breakfast, and it doesn’t have to take long at all to prepare. With just a little planning, you can give your body the nutrition it needs. If you’re not that hungry in the morning, that’s fine; even a small snack will help you avoid becoming ravenous later. Making a healthy choice in the morning sets the tone for the rest of your day. A satisfied stomach won’t be as tempted by the box of donuts on a coworker’s desk, or by a greasy drive-through sandwich.
Le-Vel’s simple, three-step THRIVE regimen is one of the easiest ways to get the nutritional support you need, and quickly. Begin with THRIVE Premium Lifestyle Capsules, apply your THRIVE Premium Lifestyle Derma Fusion Technology (DFT) and then enjoy THRIVE Premium Lifestyle Mix. This 1-2-3 start to your day is done before your workday begins, but you’ll feel the benefits – including everything from mental clarity to digestive support, weight management, joint and lean muscle support – all day long.
Check out these easy, nutrition-packed breakfast ideas:
- Our favorite, of course! THRIVE Premium Lifestyle Mix in Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry or Apple Pie. It doesn’t get much easier – or tastier – than a THRIVE shake. Mix and go. It may taste like dessert in a glass, but this gluten-free, ultra-micronized shake formula is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, enzymes, probiotics, amino acids and plant extracts. And THRIVE Premium Lifestyle Mix delivers a variety of benefits including lean muscle support and weight management.
- Sliced cooked eggs in a pita
- English muffin topped with peanut butter and sliced banana; reduced-fat cream cheese and sliced strawberries; egg, tomato and veggie sausage patty; avocado; or turkey
- Whole wheat wrap spread with almond butter and topped with fresh fruit of your choice
- 1 (6- to 8-ounce) container of unsweetened reduced-fat Greek yogurt topped with almonds and a teaspoon of honey
- Overnight oats: There’s no wrong way to do this. If you’ve got a mason jar or a small bowl or container, pour some unsweetened almond milk or reduced-fat milk into the bottom, then add your choice of ingredients: a dollop of yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup and/or peanut butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir in some chopped banana or other fruit, chopped nuts, whatever floats your boat.
- Whole-grain pancakes: Make your own, and freeze them in individual portions. Grab and go in the morning.
- Homemade breakfast cookies: And you don’t even have to bake them. Here’s a recipe.
- Mini grab-and-go quiches (mix of egg whites and whole eggs, your choice of sautéed veggies, chopped turkey bacon, sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese). Pour into a greased muffin pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Every morning starts with a decision. Will you fuel your body for sustained energy and performance, or will you hit a mid-day slump and crash? It’s up to you.